Asterisk@home 8 -- problems receiving in-coming calls?

Get help with installing, upgrading and running Asterisk.

Moderators: muppetmaster, Moderator, Support

Asterisk@home 8 -- problems receiving in-coming calls?

Postby ddshaw » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:28 pm

I'm using VoicePulse Connect with asterisk@home 8. For some reason, I'm not receiving in-coming calls. Is anyone else having this problem?
ddshaw
Newsterisk

Postby matilee » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:35 pm

I have the same problem using asterisk PBX w/T1-PRI.
can call any three digit extension, send and receive voicemail, etc. Cannot send or receive outside calls a-tall

Steve Lee
matilee
Newsterisk

Postby anil » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:29 pm

It happens to be the same case with some of my providers as well.

I have got as far as taking the trunk section out to get incomming calls. and put the trunk section in to make outgoing calls.
anil
Newsterisk

Taking trunk in and out

Postby matilee » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:58 am

Greetings Anil, someone once said, "there are no dumb questions", but I got one! Are you talking about taking the trunk section out from where? The asterisk config files, or at the PBX uplink?
Thanks,

Postby angler » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:47 am

matilee wrote:I have the same problem using asterisk PBX w/T1-PRI.
can call any three digit extension, send and receive voicemail, etc. Cannot send or receive outside calls a-tall

Steve Lee

Post a debug of a call with "pri intense debug span 1" enabled.
angler
Asterisk Freak

Re: Taking trunk in and out

Postby anil » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:31 pm

matilee wrote:Greetings Anil, someone once said, "there are no dumb questions", but I got one! Are you talking about taking the trunk section out from where? The asterisk config files, or at the PBX uplink?
Thanks,

I was refering to the trunk section, within the add/edit new trunk in the webbased setup pages and not tin the config edit way.

cheers
anil
Newsterisk

PRI Debug

Postby matilee » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:31 pm

ANGLER: I have been running the PRI debug scan 1, without the intense. (I wasn't sure what that would do to system resources). when I ran the command the way you suggested, I was looking over it before posting and noticed 1) No D-Channel available (i know there is, because we are a phone company and the T-1 terminates into our EWSD switch. I will check the Zap configs for that one. 2) I noticed that the sound card was either not installed properly or that it is failing (error - no sound card configured). My question is: how important is the sound card (we don't use any on-hold-music, mp3, or gsm, other than the standard voicemail sound files, anyway.) Does the server sound card generate ring signals? I know our Polycom SP500 generates the dial tone, which we have. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to give you an update.
thanks for your help and suggestions.

Return to Asterisk Support