Is it possible capture and play voice with Asterisk ARI

Get help with installing, upgrading and running Asterisk.

Moderators: muppetmaster, Moderator, Support

Is it possible capture and play voice with Asterisk ARI

Postby dartan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:56 am

There are Channel ARI Demo in wich we can control channel state: ring, answer, play silence, play some tone or audio-file (https://github.com/asterisk/ari-example ... nnel-state, https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ ... nnel+State) Is it possible to receive some chunks (parts, buffers, etc.) of call voice (which are created by remote subscriber) or write chunks of voice, for example like a some array of bytes (not from file) in some audio format (alaw, ulow etc).

PS: A have some custom phone which I can control from my python program (initiate and receive calls, exchange voice in alaw format, play dtmf, etc), there are no asterisk drivers for this phone, so I want to create it by myself. Seems like processing calls state can be done with ARI, but what about RTP traffik. Is the only way to create some channel driver module, like chan_dongle.so?
dartan
Newsterisk

Re: Is it possible capture and play voice with Asterisk ARI

Postby jcolp » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:23 pm

ARI does not provide any mechanism by itself to do media like that. It's just for controlling channels that already exist.
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Developer
jcolp
Oldsterisk

Postby dartan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:23 am

Thanks for answer. Can you please refer me to most modern way to create custom channel? Is there some examples? Asterisk have a big documentation, may be there are something related to this. There are sources of chan_dongle.so in the net, but maybe there is something more official and clearer?
dartan
Newsterisk

Postby jcolp » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:07 am

There is no guide or documentation on how to create one, as it is so rarely done and is only applicable to a VERY tiny segment of developers. Your best bet is to choose a simple channel driver (such as chan_alsa) and go from there.
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Developer
jcolp
Oldsterisk

Postby dartan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:23 am

Thanks
dartan
Newsterisk

Return to Asterisk Support