How to give Internet access to the PBX

Get help with installing, upgrading and running Asterisk.

Moderators: muppetmaster, Moderator, Support

How to give Internet access to the PBX

Postby jogarcias » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:40 am

Hi

I have a PBX conected to my local network, in that network we have a SipTrunking of Claro.

The PBX have the following IP address: 192.168.1.100
The Gateway (SipTrunking) have the following IP address: 192.168.1.254

Our network, have access to the internet, and have the following Network IPs 10.0.0.x

The PBX only have one nic adapter.

We need to give access to the Internet to the PBX because we need to update it.
I understand that this is possible creating static routes, but I am not sure how.

I will appreciate your help.

Julio.
jogarcias
Newsterisk

Re: How to give Internet access to the PBX

Postby meightee » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Hello Julio,

Sounds like a network question not an asterisk question....

But you need to add a route to your router that is connected to the internet as you have to NAT the traffic, cause the 10.0.0.x is not an internet routable network.

But without more detailed information about your network cant tell you what routes are needed on the * box.

Good luck.
meightee
Newsterisk

Postby ambiorixg12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:53 pm

i have seem this scenario before, the ideal would be 2 nic adapter, but if you just have one you will need to create an IP alias and then add the ADSL router as your default GW using the route command, and using the same command , you will need to add a custom route for the claro SIgnaling IP and Media IP.

All is solved with the ROUTE command and IP alias
ambiorixg12
Astmaster

Postby jogarcias » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:02 am

ambiorixg12 wrote:i have seem this scenario before, the ideal would be 2 nic adapter, but if you just have one you will need to create an IP alias and then add the ADSL router as your default GW using the route command, and using the same command , you will need to add a custom route for the claro SIgnaling IP and Media IP.

All is solved with the ROUTE command and IP alias

Thank you Ambiorix, i will try that.

And talking about signaling, Claro haven't give me the signaling IP. I am having some trouble communicating with another SipTrunking Customer. When I call from that number to another customer with SipTrunking, there is no audio. Both me and the other office have the same system installed. If the other office call me, there is no audio either. Claro have not provide the solution yet. I know it is a complete new topic, but I am just taking the opportunity of your reply.

Thanks in advance.
jogarcias
Newsterisk

Postby jogarcias » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:11 am

meightee wrote:Hello Julio,

Sounds like a network question not an asterisk question....

But you need to add a route to your router that is connected to the internet as you have to NAT the traffic, cause the 10.0.0.x is not an internet routable network.

But without more detailed information about your network cant tell you what routes are needed on the * box.

Good luck.

Thank you meightee, I am sorry, you are right, this is a network question.
I just wanted to know if there is a way to give access to the Internet to the PBX without changing the default gateway (192.168.1.254). If I change the default address, then the PBX wont be able to connect trough the SipTrunking to the 172.31.21.1 IP that the VOIP provider use in his gateway to give me access to the SipTrunking.
jogarcias
Newsterisk

Return to Asterisk Support