X101P

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

X101P

Postby chuckarama » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:36 am

My Asterisk was long overdue for an update/upgrade and I decided this was the time to try out AsteriskNow. Very handy and saved me a TON of time and configuration, for both OS and Asterisk. This is a great idea for simple users like myself and my home, and I applaud the effort.

I have been running a Digium X101P as my PSTN FXO. My PSTN is a Vonage ATA box, and something is amiss here in AsteriskNow. I configure my dialing rules, but no matter what, I can't get it to dial out of my PBX. I find no errors that would indicate there is even a problem anywhere. The line seems to simply time out. All internal extensions dial and ring through just fine on my TDM40B.

Is the X101P supported in AsteriskNow or are there any known issues with a the X101P and a Vonage ATA?
chuckarama
Newsterisk

Postby bkortleven » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:11 pm

I'm having the exact or similar problem.
When dialing out (using any of the rules I defined in AsteriskNow config panel) on the WildCard, I get:

-- Executing [10486627396@numberplan-custom-1:1] Macro("SIP/6100-081ff618", "trunkdial|Zap/g2/*phonenumber*") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-trunkdial:1] Dial("SIP/6100-081ff618", "Zap/g2/*phonenumber") in new stack
[Jan 8 01:09:14] WARNING[2774]: app_dial.c:1081 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'Zap' (cause 0 - Unknown)
== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
-- Executing [s@macro-trunkdial:2] Goto("SIP/6100-081ff618", "s-CHANUNAVAIL|1") in new stack
-- Goto (macro-trunkdial,s-CHANUNAVAIL,1)
-- Executing [s-CHANUNAVAIL@macro-trunkdial:1] NoOp("SIP/6100-081ff618", "") in new stack

Any idea yet? Anyone has this too, and knows how to get this message, and the call going out?

Thanks!
bkortleven
Newsterisk

Postby j4m3s » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:16 am

Chuckarama, make sure you're X101P is configured properly, by verifying in /etc/zaptel.conf you have a line
Code: Select all
fxsks=# (channel number)

as well as the following lines somewhere in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => # (same number as in zaptel.conf)

Stop the asterisk service (must be root) and restart zaptel drivers
$ sudo su -
(enter 'admin' password)
# service asterisk stop
# service zaptel restart
# service asterisk start

Connect to asterisk remotely and see if any zap commands exist
# asterisk -vvvvvr
CLI> zap show channels

If zap show channels does not exist then Asterisk did not fully load chan_zap probably due to a configuration error. I have not tested *NOW (with the zapscan utility) with a X101p, it may be very likely that it is not supported (as its no longer officially supported by Digium)

bkortleven, Please follow the same steps above and please post the following command:
$ sudo conary q asterisk asterisk-gui
j4m3s
Oldsterisk

Postby bkortleven » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:19 am

output for the conary q asterisk asterisk-gui

asterisk=1.4.0_beta4-0.5-1[~asterisk.gui,~asterisk.h323,~asterisk.jabber,~asterisk.libpri,~asterisk.odbc,~asterisk.postgres,~asterisk.zaptel]
asterisk-gui=0.9.2_r193-1-1

Thanks for the help, will try the above later today.

Bram 8)
bkortleven
Newsterisk

Postby j4m3s » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:22 am

bkortleven, please update asterisk to 1.4.0

$ sudo conary update asterisk
j4m3s
Oldsterisk

Postby bkortleven » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:00 am

OK, I'm not familiar with the conary-way. I did an update of the system files on friday night, so if not newer in the meantime, please tell me how I can do the update myself... (source, binary packages, ... I'm a debian/ubuntu user, and not familiar with all the other package manager...)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bram
bkortleven
Newsterisk

Postby j4m3s » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:25 am

j4m3s wrote:There is also a guide included on the CD, called QUICKSTART-CONARY.txt. This will give you a brief howto on conary (rPath linux's package manager). Essentially...

If you are a debian user, conary uses labels instead of apt sources. Check out /etc/conaryrc and you'll see your default installLabelPath which lists the repositories you're currently configured to look/install/update from. You can add repos to that list, but remember they are in order from left-to-right. Conary will search the leftmost label in your path first, then move on to the next one.

apt-get install <package> == conary update <trove>
apt-cache search <package_string> == conary rq <trove> (rq means repository query)
apt-get remove <package> == conary erase <trove> (erase is for packages and remove is for individual files)

Let me know if this is of any help to you.
j4m3s
Oldsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support