[help] rec'd sound files location & adding a trunk

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

[help] rec'd sound files location & adding a trunk

Postby olsjohnluke » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:47 pm

Getting more than a little stuck with a couple of issues.

1st) Where do the recorded voice prompts get stored when you record them from the GUI? I read in one tutorial that they get stored temporarily in /tmp, but I've got no gsm files there. I did find all the library files in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds , but the voice prompts that I've recorded ("Hello, thank you for calling foocompany inc. For a company directory, press 9") I can't find the storage location for. From within the AsteriskNow GUI, when I set up a voice menu playback, a) I don't know the file location, and b) there are options to use other files from an autofill box, none of which seem to work when I call that extension anyway. So I'm a little confused.

Second, I'm having a problem setting up outgoing trunks on a wildcard with 2 PSTN lines thru the GUI. First, it took ages to recognise that I could have more than one calling rule assigned to the ports (which are recognised under the service providers tab, and enabled), but now it won't let me make outgoing calls. It will answer the phone, but won't direct outgoing calls. I'm working on editing the extensions.conf file manually, but if I can make it work through the GUI that would be most preferable. I can put in more detail here, or bring it up in another post - is there a preference?

Thanks guys -
John
olsjohnluke
Newsterisk

Outgoing Trunk Woes

Postby lancerussell » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:06 pm

I am also having no luck getting outgoing calls to work. I have the TDM400 with one FXS and one FXO. My internal SIP Phones can call each other and I can call the handset connected to the FXS port. I can also call any of the extensions from outside, but trying to dial out through the rules specified in Calling Rules (9xxxxxxx) pauses for a few seconds then gives a fast busy.

I was running Asterisk 1.2 on FC6 with this hardware with success, so it seems to be with the configuration.
lancerussell
Newsterisk

Re: Outgoing Trunk Woes

Postby olsjohnluke » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:14 am

lancerussell wrote:I am also having no luck getting outgoing calls to work. I have the TDM400 with one FXS and one FXO. My internal SIP Phones can call each other and I can call the handset connected to the FXS port. I can also call any of the extensions from outside, but trying to dial out through the rules specified in Calling Rules (9xxxxxxx) pauses for a few seconds then gives a fast busy.

I was running Asterisk 1.2 on FC6 with this hardware with success, so it seems to be with the configuration.

Tho I'm still working out how to fix it, I've at least found what the problem was on my system. All outoging calls were being routed to the FXS line. I'd make a call from a VOIP phone, and it would ring and ring and ring. I finally checked the console which told me it was ringing to an FXS port. I hooked up an analogue telephone, and it connected straight through (internal to internal). I spent the better part of a day beating my head against the wall figuring out this one, because not ONCE did I specify that outgoing calls should be routed like that. In fact, according to the GUI, they're all supposed to be going out thru the FXO ports to the PSTN. I'm curious if you find the same thing on your system - at least then it would be indicative of a software bug rather than a fubar config on my box.

Cheers.
olsjohnluke
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support