Calling Rules Disappeared - can't add new one

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Calling Rules Disappeared - can't add new one

Postby egunther » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:49 am

When editing the calling rules to associate them with a provider, I saved a change and all of the calling rules disappeared - the list is completely blank. If I try and add a new one, the interface accepts it without error but still nothing ends up in the list. Where is this information stored? Is there a file I can edit manually to look for an invalid character or entry or something causing this symptom? I guess I can always format the disk and start over!
egunther
Newsterisk

Postby bkruse » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:20 pm

Um, Do not edit the users.conf directly, or, it is advised not to.

Also, the GUI is having some issues with registering providers and setting them up correctly, I say, for now at least, add them in yourself, into sip,conf, NOT users.conf

Just because you cannot see it, does not mean it does not exists :]
bkruse
Site Admin

Re: Calling Rules Disappeared - can't add new one

Postby mbrooks » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:08 pm

egunther wrote:When editing the calling rules to associate them with a provider, I saved a change and all of the calling rules disappeared - the list is completely blank. If I try and add a new one, the interface accepts it without error but still nothing ends up in the list. Where is this information stored? Is there a file I can edit manually to look for an invalid character or entry or something causing this symptom? I guess I can always format the disk and start over!

This might be caused by the admin timing out. Make sure you update asterisknow and try again. I know this was a known issue but should be fixed with the update.

Matt Brooks
Digium, Inc.
mbrooks
Oldsterisk

Postby bkruse » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:18 pm

Code: Select all
conary update asterisk-gui

the http timeout has been fixed.
bkruse
Site Admin

Return to AsteriskNOW Support