adding tftboot folder for cisco

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

adding tftboot folder for cisco

Postby csayers » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:31 pm

Does anyone have a simple way to add to the tftpboot file so my Cisco 7960 phones can be provisioned from Asterisknow?,

I have a bunch of existing files I would like to transfer to the folder but of course it fails when using WINSCP as it is looking for a root password.

I am trying to avoid recreating my existing tftpboot file as it has a few phones, a perfect dialplan file etc.,,, it will take forever to recreate using nano(which I barely know how to use).

Any strategies to copy my tftpboot to Asterisknow would be very much appreciated.
csayers
Newsterisk

Postby leemason » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:57 am

The tftp service should will already be on your system. Log on as root and have a look at the file /etc/xinetd.d/tftp. It should look something like this:

service tftp
{
disable = no
socket_type = dgram
protocol = udp
wait = yes
user = root
server = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
server_args = -s /tftpboot
per_source = 11
cps = 100 2
flags = IPv4
}

Make sure that "disable =no" is set to make it run. In this example the location for server based files is /tftpboot (server_args).

You can put your CISCO config files in here.
leemason
Oldsterisk

Postby baconbuttie » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:00 am

it's also worth considering increasing the default timeout ... a few phones (Aastras notably) don't react well to a short timeout. add "-T 5000000" to the server_args line (check the T option is appropriate for your version of tftpd).
baconbuttie
Moves Like Spencer

Copying to TFTP

Postby csayers » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks for the ideas fellows, but I am not having problems getting the TFTP to work, I am having trouble figuring out how to copy my TFTP folder sitting on my windows box to my asterisknow box as the tftpboot folder on asterisknow is read only and I cannot write to it.

Hope that is clear.

Thanks,
csayers
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support