Does the GUI automatically update all the conf files?

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Does the GUI automatically update all the conf files?

Postby jozwikjp » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:10 am

I am looking in the sip.conf file after adding my vonage account and I do not see it in there..

Does the GUI add in the data in different specified .conf files?

I have had no problems setting up extensions inside my home. But SIP / X-lite outside of that nat with the router DMZ on seems to timeout with a 408 . So I thought I would just try adding the NAT line to the conf file but not sure where to add it..

I tried several call rules to dial a outside line using my vonage softphone account but that seems to timeout after a pause then the phone gives a 404.

Thank you for any input.
Joe
jozwikjp
Newsterisk

Postby bkruse » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Hello there,

This is a common misconception.

As far as sip/iax friends/users/peers, your going to want to TRY to edit EVERYTHING from the gui that you started from the gui.

The gui writes to users.conf ( also in your /etc/asterisk directory ), when adding users/peers/friends iax and sip alike.

Editing this CAN sometimes cause problems, but for options that are not in the GUI, I do not see a direct problem with this, except for the fact it might not be parsed.

So aside from all that, users.conf are where your entries are at.

-Brandon Kruse
bkruse
Site Admin

Postby jozwikjp » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Ok sounds good then :-)

I think i will be waiting for a more customizeable release. Cause my NAT is causing a lack of functionality.

Although I found this to be quite a slick interface.. I wish I would have bought IAX phones they seem to not have as much of an issue then these SIP ones..
jozwikjp
Newsterisk

Postby bkruse » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:32 pm

ha, if you find a good iax hardware phone, I would be interested in seeing it :P

They are few and far in between. There are some softphones that do iax though. There are SOME hard iax phones too ( not to many. )

And yes, just add nat=yes like you normally would, I would like to see how it works out.

And yes, hopefully it will have all the options in there eventually.....
bkruse
Site Admin

Return to AsteriskNOW Support