Feature Request: easy readable conffiles & expert mode

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Feature Request: easy readable conffiles & expert mode

Postby Mark Dammer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:29 am

The default config files that come with Asterisk and AsteriskNOW tell me everything and nothing at the same time. I would suggest AsteriskNOW using configuration files that are stripped of most of the comments and commented out options and only represent what is actually being used in the current configuration. This would make it easier to identify what has been created via the GUI and make manual editing (at least for me) much easier.
The default conf-set could always be provided in a separate folder as part of the documentation.
In addition to this I would suggest a kind of "expert mode" that allows editing the configuration through the web interface (like in trixbox).
Mark Dammer
Newsterisk

Postby bkruse » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:30 pm

Mark....

When you visit your gui, you can go to cfgbasic.html or, a so called "expert" mode at cfgadvanced.html

To answer the first question, I do not think this is a good idea.

If you want to do it yourself, just administer the command....

Code: Select all
cd /etc/asterisk ; for i in `ls` ; do grep -v ";" $i >> $i.bak ; mv $i.bak $i ; done

That will get rid of ALL the comments contained in the configuration files.

Thanks for the suggestions Mark, we take every suggestion into consideration, And I appreciate the effort into making asteriskNOW better.

-bkruse
bkruse
Site Admin

Return to AsteriskNOW Support