AsteriskNOW and Linksys PAP2 NA

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

AsteriskNOW and Linksys PAP2 NA

Postby afact » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:34 am

I have just successfully installed asterisknow. How do I link my pap2 to asterisknow so that when a call is received the IVR menu is accessed and when I make calls it follows the *now dialling rules. Currently, I can make and receive calls but all still goes through the PAP2 without detecting *now.

Could someone please let me know how to do this, been racking my little brain senseless. As a novice a step by step guide will be most appreciated, this will be useful for others of my ilk i'm sure.

Thanks.
afact
Newsterisk

Postby olsjohnluke » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:38 am

was the pap2 configured to use another VOIP provider (vonage, packet8, etc)? You'll need to set it up to use the Asterisk server on your network before it starts connecting to the Asterisk box. Are you planning on keeping the pap2 on the same network as the asterisk box? Or using it over the internet? That's going to change the information you configure the pap2 with.

You'll also need to set up a user in Asterisk, i.e. call it PAP2 with a password (called a 'secret') of woot for instance before it will become a client of the asteriskNow box.
olsjohnluke
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support