Stuck on setting up asterisknow. Help!

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Stuck on setting up asterisknow. Help!

Postby afact » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:24 am

I really hope someone can help, i've been stuck on set up for a few days now. I am new to linux and asterisk.

I have a linksys pap2-na ATA, a linksys wireless G router, a desktop housing the asterisknow software (which has two phone ports and network card) and a laptop.

I have installed asterisknow on the desktop and gone through the GUI setup.

What I would like to know please is, how and where do I plug the hardwares in that is, where do i put ethernet cable from desktop to - router or ATA? Please walk me through the hardware setup including where to plug the phones in to.

Secondly, I've read several posts where I am told to enter command lines to enter commands for extentions and to access directories, but where do I go to to enter them. The desktop screen shows the asterisknow console and at bottom part has: zaptel transcoder support loaded.

And finally, I basically just want to be able to make and receive calls via one or two voip service providers which I already have their setup and I am using with the Linksys PaP2.

I know the questions above may sound silly but trust me I really need your help. I can't find any documentation out there with a complete step-by-step guide to those of us migrating from windows and discovering the joys of linux and asterisk.

Your complete guide will be most appreciated and I am sure will also help others thereby cutting down on novice posts like mine!
afact
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support