[FIXED] Login Via GUI

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

[FIXED] Login Via GUI

Postby stalnakerz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:05 am

I installed AsteriskNOW last night and everything went well. However when I attempt to login to the gui from my desktop, I keep getting access denied errors. I can SSH into the box using the same user/pass but GUI will not let me in at all.

So far I've tried the following:

Changed Admin user and root passwords to simple no caps or special chars.

Deleted certificate for the server in SeaMonkey, cleared cache, cleared history.

Reinstalled SeaMonkey

Rebooted AsteriskNow server
Rebooted Desktop

Still can SSH into the box and SU to root but no luck getting in via GUI.
Last edited by stalnakerz on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stalnakerz
Newsterisk

Postby astmonkey » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:32 am

Hi There, I had the same problem with an earlier version of NOW. I came to find out that the password field would not except anything but lower case letter. No numbers what so ever. I see that you have taken out caps and Spec Characters. How about numbers ?
astmonkey
Newsterisk

Postby stalnakerz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:52 am

I do still have a number in the password. When I get home tonight I'll try to set it to something with just lower case chars and see if that works. Thanks for the info!
stalnakerz
Newsterisk

Login GUI Help

Postby arcorsair » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:39 am

I am having a problem that after the initial install gui configuration, If I try to log on again I get the configuration gui Logon ant after attempting to log on it will loop back to the logon screen !

Have reinstalled 3 time and get the same problem. ( I have installed the lastest @Now 32bit x86 ISO

I can SSH and Sudo to root so if there is a gui.conf entry that need tweaking please post
arcorsair
Newsterisk

Fixed???

Postby stalnakerz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:38 pm

Ok, reinstalled *Now and used an all lowercase password. Was able to get past initial screen, but kept getting a reload back to another login screen. I checked the console and had a bunch of errors showing up as user admin timeouts.

Tried a few things like looking at the services and starting zaptel and lighttpd (?correct?) and also sudo'd to root. Went back to the web page and it accepted my login. I'm in the middle of setup right now and trying to figure out how to register a SIP softphone to work with *Now but I'm going to try rebooting the server later and do each step one by one if the problem comes back so I'll have an answer for others that have had that wierd timeout issue.
stalnakerz
Newsterisk

Postby stalnakerz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:21 pm

Rebooted system and it's still working so I'm not sure what I did to actually correct the admin timeout issue.

Thanks arcorsair for the suggestion about using all lower case password on install. That definitely got me past the original issue.
stalnakerz
Newsterisk

Thanks go to astmonkey - awsome handle

Postby arcorsair » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:47 am

Found other posts that pointed to a FireFox & other Browser issues for this and since appears fixed thru the auto updates. Now have other issue with the OS ( reboot loop after scheduling a reboot)
arcorsair
Newsterisk

Potential fix

Postby dwaler » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:51 pm

Guys,

might be of use to some people: I had the exact same problem of not being able to log in (it kept asking me for my credentials again and again) and even after all updates, it still wouldn't work... until I tried the IP address instead of the FQDN of the machine. Spot on, worked immediately. I don't know why (lookup and reverse lookup works without a hitch for this machine), but it did fix my issue.
dwaler
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support