BETA4 - Installation Problems

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

BETA4 - Installation Problems

Postby towelie-se » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:05 am

Hi Guys,

I have just downloaded AsterixNOW beta4 from the website. This is the first time I have ever installed any type of linux system.

The server is a P3-500 with 2 Ethernet Cards and 440BX chipset.

The installation seemed to work ok, and after the reboot I logged into the website it setup and it ran a setup wizard. Firstly, after clicking next it asks for the number of extenstion digits to use and the digits themselves, however after you enter this information the Next button is still greyed out and you cannot continue and click next to keep going with the wizard.

Next I went back to the server and clicked on the update option which then caused it to download 52 updates or something. After this and rebooting I again tried to log into the web application, and now it seems to load the configuration app instead of the wizard (which is ok I can work that out at least) but after I log in I try to click on oneof the item on the left pane but it just returns back to the login screen and I get stuck in a loop.

I am not sure where to go from here?

Has anyone else got this problem?. I am wondering if I need the digium card installed first as I dont have that yet so I am just installing it on the server without the card?

Cheers, Nick.
towelie-se
Newsterisk

Postby santosam » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:26 am

What browser are you using? The GUI only works well with Firefox.
And you don't need any Digium card to have it running.
santosam
Oldsterisk

Postby towelie-se » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:34 pm

HI santosam,

Thanks for this tip it has fixed the problem, it seems to work perfectly with firefox. In fact it even ran the wizard again when I tried to click on one of the menus on the side, so that was good.

I have another question I am hoping someone can help with.

When I saw asterix running on another network it had a different GUI which I have now found out is called FreePBX.

I am wondering if I can install this onto AsterixNow server, or if I have to rebuild it with manual linux install followed by asterix and finally freepbx.

Also is the asterixnow builds the same as asterix (ie those updates keep it at the same actual asterix versions) or is asterix more advanced and asterixnow has a diferent build set?

Thanks again for all the help, Nick.
towelie-se
Newsterisk

Postby santosam » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:03 pm

AsteriskNow uses a different type of package maintainance that is developed by rPath. You should read the information available at their website. There you can read that this Asterisk package is intended to be used with a certain number of software packages and only those. In my opinion, if you want to use FreePBX then you should install a fresh Linux server and then install Asterisk and FreePBX. AsteriskNow is a server running a very limited number of services with the Asterisk-GUI.
santosam
Oldsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support