No outbound calls via CAPI

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

No outbound calls via CAPI

Postby real_skydiver » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:04 am

Hi folks,

I have downloaded AsteriskNow 5.211.65-18 and installed it without any problems. Next step was setting up SIP and a few extensions and my box was up and running, capable of doing internal phone calls (using a few soft-phones).

Then I added a Dialogic Diva UM-BRI-2 PCI v2 and installed the latest drivers. There where a few obstacles during that process which I managed to clear successfully. The web-interface for that board (part of the installation) tells me that the drivers are installed correctly and everything is up and running (including CHAN_CAPI).

On this point it is time to explain my setup: the Diva-Board (along with Asterisk) is connected to a internal S0 of my Auerswald 2204. The goal is, that softphones (and maybe real IP-phones later on) are acting as if they where just simple internal phones: the can call each other internally (anlog phones, isdn phones and voip phones, with no barriers in between them). They should be able to pick calls from outside as well as placing them (with a leading 0 to get an outside line).

I managed to get calls into Asterisk: I can call soft phones from the analog and isdn-phones, if a call from outside comes in, the corresponding soft phone rings and I can have a nice chat ...

However, I'm banging my head against the wall because I can not get it to call out (from the soft phones to the real ones or a to a outside line).

In the log, I can see those lines:

[2014-11-17 16:05:08] VERBOSE[29190] pbx.c: -- Executing [31@from-internal:1] Dial("SIP/303-00000000", "CAPI/g1/31") in new stack
[2014-11-17 16:05:08] VERBOSE[29190] app_dial.c: -- Called CAPI/g1/31
[2014-11-17 16:05:08] VERBOSE[29190] app_dial.c: == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

During the test, the internal S0 bus is free from any other use, so that can't be the reason for ' Everyone is busy'. But what else? The question raises, if I can do both directions with one card ... I would assume so. I have already tested
hlimit=1
slimit=1
but with no luck.

Could anyone here help me out?
real_skydiver
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support