Asterisk H.323 Protocole

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Asterisk H.323 Protocole

Postby tella » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:15 pm

Hello everybody,
Creating a new local network,the Asteriks server and two Pcs are on the same subnet,between these two Pcs i can make and receive call easily,i have a phone who support H.323 Protocol that i want to configure to allow communication with these two Pcs with X-Lite installed on them...

I make a little research on the web on and i found many configurations example, trying to configure the phone, nothing works...These two Sip Client are on the Context " PBX"

Do i must to put the H.323 phone on that same context too ?
Does the H 323 protocol will communicate with a Sip Protocol considering the two Pc are Sip Client and the phone will be H 323 protocol ?
Until here, nothing works for me :( ,has somebody already experiencing or has a good link that explain on how to configure a H323 Protocol on Asterisk Server ...
Thanks,
tella
Oldsterisk

Re: Asterisk H.323 Protocole

Postby david55 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Contexts relate to the resolution of extension numbers. The context associated with the source device must match that of the extension which calls the destination device, but the extension associated with the destination device is irrelevant. It sounds as though you don't really understand contexts.

Asterisk is a back to back user agent, so the source technology can be completely different from the destination technology.

Very few people use H.323 with Asterisk, as the VoIP market has moved to SIP.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Return to AsteriskNOW Support