Need advice on multiple lines

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Need advice on multiple lines

Postby l4cky » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:23 am

Hi guys,

My experience with phone and voip is very limited.

I am looking to open a pharmacy here in Canada and decrease some phone costs.

This is what I need:

- looking to have 2 lines for telephone
- music when putting people on hold
- when someone calls, getting with some extension, while one of them goes allow them to leave a message
- when someone calls, allow them the option 1 for French, 2 for English..
- looking forward to use voip service with voip.ms
- is there a way to integrate a fax to email?
- how to: if someone sends a multimedia text message to your line, how to make it convert to email and email that mms to you?

I have another question : I read a lot of stuffs but can both users use that line at the same time? (I call customer 1 at the same time my employee calls customer 2) Or do I need to purchase 2 differents number from provider, do I also need a plan for each number? How to merge those 2 lines..

On top of all this, what do I need to make this project possible?

- computer with asterisk now and Linux installed (how performant should the computer be). Does the computer needs to be performant?
- 2 nom voip phones
- 2 phone adapters such as obihai?
- do I need a pc card? I don't quite understand the use of this card, which card is best for me knowing my plan?

And for hardware : So computer, connected to router for Internet, connects directly by asterix via pc card to 2 regular phones (without obihai adapter? )

Would be great if you can answer all my questions :) I have a lot, yeah..
l4cky
Newsterisk

Re: Need advice on multiple lines

Postby david55 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:56 am

All this seems possible, but, taken together, is beyond the scope of a peer support forum. You alternatives are to learn to code it yourself (or at least to put the bits together), or to hire a consultant, for which you want the Biz and Jobs forum.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Postby l4cky » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:12 pm

My question is more: how many dial tones can i have with 1 phone line service (voip)?
l4cky
Newsterisk

Postby david55 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:48 am

I don't understand the question.

VoIP phones generate dial tone internally.

The number of simultaneous calls over VoIP is a commercial decision not a technical one. The only technical limit is the total internet bandwidth used.

An ITSP selling to businesses is unlikely to restrict to one call, but one selling to individuals might well do so.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Return to AsteriskNOW Support