Voicemail to Email on Asterik server

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Voicemail to Email on Asterik server

Postby tella » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:34 am

Hello everybody,i running Asterisk server on Debian 7. For now everything is working very well and i want to switch with other configuration such as Sending email from Asterisk server when a voicemail has been left.
I checked many threads on Google,but when i start to implement this configuration the next steps always failed, :oops: :oops: . If someone has a step by step configuration of the Sending message to email on Asterisk server i'd very appreciated that .
Thanks in Advance!!!
tella
Oldsterisk

Re: Voicemail to Email on Asterik server

Postby david55 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:41 am

AsteriskNOW is a turnkey system that uses CentOS, not Debian. However, at the moment the proper forum is under an attack from Korean spammers, so it is probably better to wait until Digium return to the office on Monday and can clear out the damage.

Once you have configured the OS to send email, I believe sending email for voicemail is fairly obvious, see http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/bran ... onf.sample. (Most Unix email software will emulate the sendmail API.)

If you have tried something and it has failed, the best way to get support is to give details of what you tried and how it failed.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Postby tella » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:31 am

Alright this what i did :
First i installed these packages (unix2dos, dos2unix & lame). by typing this commad
aptitude install dos2unix lame
Installation has been successfully

In the next step i had to place the sendmailmp3 scrip under /usr/sbin
Typing this cd /urs/sbin
once inside, i try to pass this cmd by typing sendmailmp3
Tried many times all that i got was : bash command not found ,may be i missed something.
Somebody could help me please.
Thanks!
tella
Oldsterisk

Postby david55 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:48 am

Have you given the file execute permission? (It does not need write permission and you should not add any write permission.) How did you get root access? (/usr/sbin is only in the path when you login as root. Some methods of logging in as route will not add it to the path.)

Note, you should not be placing things in /usr/sbin by hand. If you need to locally install applications by hand, you should use /usr/local/..... This is not a technical requirement, but is best practice.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Postby david55 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 am

Note that I'm not familiar with this script and it is not necessary in order to email voicemail. Using MP3 for telephone quality audio is overkill.

It would appear that this is a third party script that comes with PBXinaflash. I don't know if that is still supported.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Postby tella » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:03 am

Thank you for this great reply,so i supposed that you did it many times this feature VM to Email or you have a quite knowledge on how to do it. Could you provide a step by step conf or a great link about this. I'm using Debian Ver 7 \n \l. i must tell you that my SMTP server is not set yet,but once i get the VM to Email produre,it will be a simple matter.
Thanks,
tella
Oldsterisk

Postby david55 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:35 pm

I've never done it, but my IT manager did it with no problems.

In any case one doesn't get step by step guides for free and this forum is not the right one for hiring consultants.

As I said,, once you have email working at the OS level, just enable it by following the examples in the sample configuration file.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Return to AsteriskNOW Support