Asterisk phone line Card & Analogue card

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Asterisk phone line Card & Analogue card

Postby tella » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:12 am

Hello everybody,i'm aware on the type of card to use to integrate an analogue phone line(PSTN) on an Asterisk server,but on my case not only ip phone with SIP protocole that i must configure on Asterisk server i will also need to use some analogues phone as an extension and may be some digitals too,i m a little confuse with my choose "What card will match for Analogue phone and Digital phone"? to make them use as en extension on my Asterisk server . Anybody has an idea please .

Thanks !
tella
Oldsterisk

Re: Asterisk phone line Card & Analogue card

Postby malcolmd » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:36 pm

Howdy,

For analog stations, you want to use FXS on the modular analog cards. FXO handles the PSTN trunks.

FXS provides ringing voltage and battery to analog stations (phones).

For Digital phones, we don't offer anything, I'm afraid. They're all proprietary.

Cheers
Malcolm Davenport
Digium, Inc. | Senior Product Manager
malcolmd
Moves Like Spencer

Postby tella » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:36 pm

Alright thank you for your repky, the FXS you mentioned here, it's something (such as a hardware) that I will connect to the module card, the same card that use to integrate the Analogue phone line(PSTN),I know Analogue phone line card provides FXO ports.
Thanks!
tella
Oldsterisk

Postby david55 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:27 am

The analogue line cards that Digium sell have sub-modules that can either be FXO or FXS ones, and you can buy the boards with no sub-modules installed, or with various combinations. If you have a Digium card that is populated as all FXO, you can unplug some of the FXO sub-modules and replace them with FXS ones.

Note, as a Digium employee, Malcolm is only going to give you solutions sold by DIgium. However, if you use a PCI card based solution, other than a Digium one, you will find it difficult to get any support on these forums.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Return to AsteriskNOW Support