What do I need to receive incoming calls on AsteriskNow?

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

What do I need to receive incoming calls on AsteriskNow?

Postby mendes12721 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:19 pm

I have asterisknow instaled, up and running.
I haves 5 extentions, all virtualphones.
I can make external calls via a SIPTrunk on 4 of them (the other one is blocked because I want to)

My main question is:
- How can I configure AsteriskNow in order to receive incomming calls from a regular landline phone or cellphone.

I know I must have a number set to me (example: +351275XXXXXX) by the local comunications company but more than this I do not know.
What do I need to do in order to receive the call made to +351275XXXXXX in my extention with the 1001 number.
Can that be done only with software or do I need to install some kind of hardware on the Server?

Thanks in advance...
Pedro Mendes
mendes12721
Newsterisk

Re: What do I need to receive incoming calls on AsteriskNow?

Postby david55 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:03 am

The service that provides your outgoing calls almost certainly provides an incoming call service, although you may not have total control of the number used. Otherwise you will need either a PCI telephony card or a SIP based PSTN gateway.

There are significant limitations with using an analogue line in terms of limited signalling, so, for serious business use, you probably want either to use your SIP provider or get an ISDN land line connection.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Re: What do I need to receive incoming calls on AsteriskNow?

Postby mendes12721 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:17 am

Due to bandwidth and security reasons the server I use is on a remote site ... is there a way to do this not installing anything phisical on the server?
mendes12721
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support