IAX2 trunk between Asterisknow boxes

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

IAX2 trunk between Asterisknow boxes

Postby tallrick » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:48 am

I have been using Asterisk on Gentoo for a while, and also A@H and Trixbox to communicate with friends around the country and to connect to the office for those days I can't get in. Just gave Asterisknow a try and it's looking promising! The problem is that first of all I can't get root access to Linux, and have to edit files as Admin, and if I need to use the Asterisk CLI over SSH I have to sudo because su shows "account not available" for root. I can live with that. The problem is that there's no "trunks" setting in the GUI like in A@h or TB, and although there is now a "service providers" section in the GUI, I don't know if there's any way to establish a IAX2 trunk between two Asterisk servers without a manual VI edit. Perhaps I am missing something?
tallrick
Newsterisk

Postby adrianmarsh » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:29 am

I was able to get to the root linux shell prompt this way:

1) From the login screen (console, not www), select the Asterisk console
2) From the A*k console, type "!" (no quotes)
3) This should drop you to the linux shell

From here you can edit sshd.conf to allow root remote access (obviously make sure your machine is otherwise isolated).

I don't imagine that editing the A*k files by hand is a good thing though, as I bet the GUI will most likely re-write the configs, or crash..
adrianmarsh
Newsterisk

Postby tallrick » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:34 pm

I still can't figure out how to get this to work. I edited the files it worked for a while, then stopped. Conf files didn't seem to change, but no IAX connections between servers. Not sure what I did wrong.
tallrick
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General