Voicemail

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Voicemail

Postby goshenco » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:08 am

When an extension dials itself the system does not go to that extension's voicemail box. It instead rings itself with call waiting.
goshenco
Newsterisk

Re: Voicemail

Postby mbrooks » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:46 am

goshenco wrote:When an extension dials itself the system does not go to that extension's voicemail box. It instead rings itself with call waiting.

You can turn off "Call Waiting" under the advanced menu for the user's phone.

Matt Brooks
Digium, Inc.
mbrooks
Oldsterisk

Postby goshenco » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:35 pm

This is not the problem. The macro stdexten in 1.2 has always realized the call is coming from the extension to the extensions and would automatically log it into its voice mail box. This does not happen anymore.
goshenco
Newsterisk

Postby mbrooks » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:06 pm

goshenco wrote:This is not the problem. The macro stdexten in 1.2 has always realized the call is coming from the extension to the extensions and would automatically log it into its voice mail box. This does not happen anymore.

It's just a configuration problem. Macros are just configuration options in dialplan and are not maintained by the asterisk developers. You can find the stdexten macro here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Stdexten+macro

Try it out, it should work fine with Asterisk 1.4

Thanks,
-Matt B.[/url]
mbrooks
Oldsterisk

Postby goshenco » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:27 am

Thanks, but the stdexten macro exists in my dialplan, and according to the console it is being called when the extension calls itself. However, for some reason, it cannot locate the callerid from the exten. I am just using the gui config with asterisk now. I am trying to get to know this version so I can deploy simple systems for my clients.

I thought it could be because the gui uses the users.conf and not the voicemail.conf and the sip.conf. So, I removed one of the extensions from the users.conf and made the corresponding entries in the sip and voicemail.conf. Same thing happened.

The ultimate effect of this is that the end user must call 8500, enter their exten, then password to check their voicemail.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
goshenco
Newsterisk

Postby anil » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:32 am

goshenco wrote:
The ultimate effect of this is that the end user must call 8500, enter their exten, then password to check their voicemail.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Yes, i have observed the same. This is a generic voicemail access number. Automatic mailbox to accoundcode is still now way in future. :-)
anil
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General