Recommendation for billing software ?

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Recommendation for billing software ?

Postby Mark Dammer » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:16 am

What billing solution would be the best to be used with AsteriskNOW?
What I want is something that does "just" billing - no calling cards etc. and that has a simple installation/configuration. Last but not least I am looking for software that will not mess up AsteriskNOW, so that I will be able to use the GUI and automatic updates without any problems.

Thanks for any help, Mark
Mark Dammer
Newsterisk

Postby anil » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:23 am

you should concentrate on billing software that use the cdrs as then generate your billing records. which then would make your system a post paid platform.

read through www.voip-info.org

i suggest that you use a software that uses the above as the source and uses Mysql database.

There is not set billing software at the moment for asteriskNOW as it is a new product. but i do not see any reason why the other software cannot be adapted for asteriskNOW.
anil
Newsterisk

Postby leemason » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:44 am

I have tried Astbill with a certain amount of success and also tried MCC. Both Astbill and MCC had good and bad points for me. A combination of the two would be great. There is also A2billing but it does depend how you want to bill people.
leemason
Oldsterisk

Postby anil » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:24 pm

leemason wrote:I have tried Astbill .

If you used astbill with asteriskNOW, then you probably know that it uses the realtime engine to read the users info from the Mysql Db and not from a conf file.

How did you manage to Use the asteriskNOW gui to manage the users while still billing using astbill?

The OP asked for a recomendation that does not involve removig the asteriskNOW gui features.
anil
Newsterisk

Postby leemason » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:27 am

Sorry. I was not using AsteriskNOW. I simply tested it with plain Asterisk 1.2 at the time.
leemason
Oldsterisk

Postby intersol » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:26 pm

Take a look at PhoneJournal telecom billing. This should do the job. I should mention that you can't use it for blocking accounts , just for any kind of billing.
intersol
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General