? Viable solution ?

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

? Viable solution ?

Postby EDGAR MCDOWELL » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:28 pm

Ok I briefly looked over what asterisk is but still feel unsure and am a bit afraid to ask but I’m wondering if asterisk is a viable solution for my small business. Right now we are using a IP phone system through a company called vocalocity I understand there are a number out there so guess that’s irrelevant but my question is with 2 lines and an auto-attendant main number using Linksys and cisco phones is setting up an asterisk system better than simply paying the $49 a month to this company. I have some computer back ground but even just looking over the quick guides seems a bit over whelming as linux is really not my strong suite. However I’m already paying for a static IP and have an extra computer sitting around figured even if I had to pay someone to consult me on setting up asterisks it could save me in the long run if I’m not paying $49 a month to some ip phone company. Its just I would need to keep our same phone numbers and I’m not sure how that work as even with switch company’s I have to sign to have them release the numbers, I mean is that something I can even do have the number released to me and is asterisks simply useable with an internet connection?
EDGAR MCDOWELL
Newsterisk

Postby bkruse » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:36 pm

Right, but you will need a "provider" to send that number to you VIA sip or iax2
bkruse
Site Admin

Return to AsteriskNOW General