Need Help! New To This.

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Need Help! New To This.

Postby arche » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:29 am

Hello everyone, sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this but figured this might be the best place. Currently I am an IT Manager at a real estate office. Currently the company has a Panasonic D500 Digital Super Hybrid System with a Key Voice Technologies Voicemail system. The Voicemail system is on a old i386 computer which is running DOS. The computer itself is going down and I need to replace the voicemail system before it dies.

The Computer has three ISA cards in it with what looks like 1 phone line each. Comdial (who owns key voice technoligies software) bascially will not help without upgrading to there software. I would rather use AsteriskNOW software but am a little lost as to how to go about setting this up. From my understanding the D500 controls the phones (which are analog) and extensions and when a line is busy or the agent is not there they get forwarded to the Key Voicemail.

Will AsteriskNOW work with the D500? If it can, is there any instructions on just setting up the voicemail for this D500 system? Also, can I use the same cards in the old PC or do I have to buy a new one, also is there a local computer store that would sell a PCI card that would work with this (i.e. frys, tigerdirect, etc..). Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,
arche
arche
Newsterisk

Postby bkruse » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:13 pm

Yes it will IF they are not digital phones using the rj-11 line.

If they are plain old analog phones, you can do to:

http://www.digium.com/en/products/analog/ and get a card for those phones and set it up through the GUI.

-bk
bkruse
Site Admin

Voicemail

Postby Emmett Dunham » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:24 pm

I would pull all of the cards out of the old voicemail and stuff them in a differnt pc!
Emmett Dunham
Newsterisk

Postby bkruse » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:57 am

Sounds good, keep us updated on your progress :)

-bk
bkruse
Site Admin

ComDial ???

Postby wrhowell » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:39 pm

ComDial is no longer in business to my understanding. Put too much money into VoIp products back in the early days and it didn't pay off. Thank Goodness for Digium hu?

Comdial 500 used a stand alone computer (most were 386 & 486) with several cards installed for voicemail that used the old and original "answer plus" method. One line to each card in the computer from the Comdail control board DXDXX-16. It assigned each card in the computer an "extension" from the Comdial. These computers could have up to 100 mail boxes per card if you knew how to program it. Good luck.

Replace the cards into another machine no newer than a Pent II with 98 (no NT or ME or 2000) if and it's a big if, you have the original software for the cards, which I doubt you do as to my knowledge it was "top secret" stuff.

or

Build *now box and route the extension lines to it with FXO Cards unless you have REV 9 or more in which case it won't work.

or better still, replace the Comdial with Asterisk Box and then let me know your address where I can send my Comdial to and then you can have 2 (LOL) :P
wrhowell
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General