FAX setup

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

FAX setup

Postby Mike Williams » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi All :D

i have a TDM 410 card with two pstn lines conneted. one is a dedicated voice line and the other is a voice and fax line.
I can see how to setup basic fax detection and i may have to adjust the gains on the lines but is that all thats needed to be done? Can i just enable fax detection on one line only. At present both lines are in group 0 so i am guessing that fax detection would be defined for the group not the individual line.

What about the recieved fax file transfer ie to another box running server 2003 of can it only be emailed?..Am i correct in guessing that asterisk will try and determin the smtp setting from my dns server setting?

Also i have a problem changing the MOH from the GUI. When i try to upload a WAV or MP3 it tells me i need to change the php.ini toaccept a larger file size. I have done changed it to 20M but it still reports the same error. Tryed firefox and IE.

Any help would be good.. :roll:
Mike Williams
Newsterisk

Re: FAX setup

Postby Mike Williams » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:28 am

Sorted MOH found i had to create a mohmp3 folder and change the sound format to PCM mono for it to play. Also had to change the permissions of the sound files. :oops:
Mike Williams
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General