where do I go from here ?

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

where do I go from here ?

Postby maracay » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:06 pm

I just setup a spare pc with Asterisknow.I can log onto the GUI no problem but I am a bit confused as to where I go from here.I want to use just a softphone for now.i dont have any extra hardware installed.What exactly can I do with my setup.
I also have set up an account with voiptalk.Thanks for youre patience.
maracay
Newsterisk

Re: where do I go from here ?

Postby wrhowell » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Question is, what motivated you to set up a Asterisk box in the first place. A review of that should answer your questions on what it will do for you.

As far as how to set it up for one softphone or many, got to this web site www.elastic.org, click on "documentation" and on that web page scroll down til you see a title of "Elast Without Tears". Read that, it is not AsteriskNow, but most all of the PBX systems of this sort use Asterisk as its base with FreePBX included. This writing will give you a lot of info on how to set up what you need and will also open you to other uses.

Hope this helps, it should save you (and us) a lot of time trying to research what its all about.

William
wrhowell
Newsterisk

Postby ianplain » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:58 am

Hi

What exactly can I do with my setup.
What do you want to do ? its best to know what you want todo first and then see if you can do it.

Ian
ianplain
Moves Like Spencer

Postby maracay » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 pm

thats great ,that link is very helpfull.Basically I just want to learn Asterisk ,I dont have any particular plan as of yet.
:D
maracay
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General