Problems after the installation

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Problems after the installation

Postby eson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:21 am

Hi I'm new to the Asterisk and I'm having some problems during the installation.

I'm trying to create a vmware image and use the Asterisk on the virtual machine. I downloaded the AsteriskNOW-1.5.0-i386-1of1.iso and installed the Astersik on to the machine. Instead of getting blue screen with the setup I'm getting the following screen:

Is this normal? I can login with the password that I defined during the installation but I can't see the GUI. How do I switch to the graphical user interface(Alt+F1,F2 F3... F9 doesn't swtich to the GUI)? Actually the machine got the IP address and it is possible to log in to FREEPBX however I can't find a screen like the one below in the Asterisk that I installed:

Is something missing or did I installed the wrong Asterisk? By the way I read something that there must be something related to SIP packages under the directory etc/asterisk but I don't have anything related to the SIP configuration under that directory. The list is below:

Please help me out...

Thanks
eson
Newsterisk

Re: Problems after the installation

Postby navaismo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:41 am

The server itself don't have a GUI or desktop you need to open a browser enter the ip of your server and enter the GUI of Asterisk.
navaismo
Salt of the Asterisk

Postby telra » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:20 pm

i installed asteriskNow today as well
used the image AsteriskNOW-1.7.0-i386.iso
however after instalation, asterisk is not listening on port 5060 (SIP), nor is there any sip or excension conf file in /etc/asterisk
not sure now, but i think the ISO is broken?
telra
Newsterisk

Postby silverglade00 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:44 am

Telra: Did you log into the web interface and create an extension and a SIP trunk? There should not be a config file for something that doesn't exist. If you have already done those things then there is a problem. Also, you will get more responses if you create your own forum topic instead of posting at the bottom of someone else's.

Eson: You need to go to another computer and log into the web interface at the server's IP address.
silverglade00
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General