sip account

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

sip account

Postby lucky_pig » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:50 am

Suppose that I have 2 clients, they stay at 2 different locations. They register 2 sip accounts(user, password..) are same to server. I want each account will execute a diferent context. But I don't know how to do that. please help me!. thank all
lucky_pig
Newsterisk

Re: sip account

Postby mazilo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:38 am

lucky_pig wrote:Suppose that I have 2 clients, they stay at 2 different locations. They register 2 sip accounts(user, password..) are same to server. I want each account will execute a diferent context. But I don't know how to do that. please help me!. thank all

Suppose you want to learn how to configure/maintain/operate a plain-vanilla Asterisk PBX system. Why not read this Asterisk: The Future of Telephony, 2nd Edition e-book?
mazilo
Oldsterisk

Postby lucky_pig » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:07 pm

I read this book. but it doesn't mention about 2 sip accounts are same (the same user, pass,auther.. but different area code).Althought 2 sip accounts are same but they'll execute 2 different contexts.in sip.conf file, i can't register 2 sip accounts have the same user. I think it'll base one area code to register but i don't know how to do.
lucky_pig
Newsterisk

Postby ankycooper » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:46 am

Probably you can try conditional braching with gotoif and then branch users to diffrent context based on their IP addresss...
i havent tried this but it should work....
ankycooper
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General