Confused

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Confused

Postby CaptHowdy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:18 pm

First post, but will not be my last. My boss came in about 15 minutes ago and told me, you will need to learn AsteriskNOW and become the expert at it. Here is the kicker, I have no clue what I am doing. I setup AsteriskNOW 1.6 w/ FreePBX. I configured it with StaticIP and all that. I am able to get to the website, created a new user, and move around. However, now I am stuck. I need to configure video phones for use with this PBX, make sure I configured the server right, which I don't know if I need more than stock settings or how to move around. I do not even know what to put into the phones under SIP Settings. Any help and knowledge is appreciated. I was just kind of thrown into this and now that I have started I am determined to figure this Asterisk stuff out, just need help from all you experts out there. Thanks in advance!
CaptHowdy
Newsterisk

Re: Confused

Postby chebar » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Wow that is quite a task you have to complete! however, google is always your friend. Try to search for the configuration of your ip phone and start there. I configured cisco 7960 phones and I did not know before that it required a tftp server and some other stuff that needs doing. Also try to get some info here Trixbox101 , might come in handy. Good luck bro!
chebar
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General