setting up a home test asterisk

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

setting up a home test asterisk

Postby logube » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:11 am

Hello everybody. I have tried to avoid posting a new question but I have not been able to find the answer to my question.
I have installed AsteriskNow on a old laptop connected on my home network. I would like to test asterisk, play with it, learn it and see how it works.
Initially I would like an internal PBX, running softphones on my home machines, each with its own extension, able to call each other and to take part to a phone conference.
Next stage would be to use a IAXY that I bought ages ago and never used. If I understand correctly the IAXY should allow me to connect to the PSTN (normal phone line I have at home) and to use that as a inbound/outbound trunk from my PBX to the external world.
And finally, when I have a better understanding, I would like to find a service (paid for) to connect to from my Asterisk (SIP or IAX) to make international phone calls and to have a local phone number abroad (UK where I have some family).
Unfortunately I am stuck pretty much after installing AsteriskNOW: I cannot create Users - asterisknow says "cannot create users without a dialplan"; I cannot create a dialplan (i don't get any message at all but I suspect that the problem might be the fact that I don't have any trunk).
What have i done wrong?
Any help would be welcome.
Thanks
MR
logube
Newsterisk

Re: setting up a home test asterisk

Postby droth » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:28 pm

can you log into the FreePBX GUI?
droth
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General