AsteriskNow and T1 Capacity

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

AsteriskNow and T1 Capacity

Postby fotofx » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Is there any performance/capacity difference between using AsteriskNow as opposed to a scratch install? The system would be setup with a 1TE122BF to a T1 using softphones for local extensions. Am I to understand that this would allow 23 simultaneous calls (local softphone to outside line) providing the other hardware can handle it?

Also would it be better two build 2 boxes with a 1TE122BF in each box or put use a 1TE212PF in case extra capacity is needed later?

Would an Intel I7 Quad Core handle this?
fotofx
Newsterisk

Re: AsteriskNow and T1 Capacity

Postby malcolmd » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:38 am

fotofx wrote:Is there any performance/capacity difference between using AsteriskNow as opposed to a scratch install?

Nope.

fotofx wrote:The system would be setup with a 1TE122BF to a T1 using softphones for local extensions. Am I to understand that this would allow 23 simultaneous calls (local softphone to outside line) providing the other hardware can handle it?

If you've a T1 with PRI service, yes. You'll have 23 bearer channels and 1 delta signaling channel on the line.

fotofx wrote:Also would it be better two build 2 boxes with a 1TE122BF in each box or put use a 1TE212PF in case extra capacity is needed later?

I'd just go ahead and buy the two port card and save the down-the-road costs of an extra server, extra power, extra maintenance, and extra card. The incremental cost of the second port isn't great.

fotofx wrote:Would an Intel I7 Quad Core handle this?

Yes, absolutely.
Malcolm Davenport
Digium, Inc. | Senior Product Manager
malcolmd
Moves Like Spencer

Return to AsteriskNOW General