How to apply existing call flow?

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

How to apply existing call flow?

Postby chriluc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:31 am

Hello.

In our company we're using SWYX at the moment, which is not an ideal solution. We have a call flow for incoming calls which looks like the following:
callflow.PNG
callflow.PNG (72.31 KiB) Viewed 3684 times

I was trying to set up this flow with the AsteriskGUI of the latest AsteriskNow from the digium website, to find out whether it is possible to apply our current infrastructure on such an Asterisk system (I don't want to edit the configs, since for maintaining reasons, e.g. if new staff has to be trained on the Asterisk it must not learn how to write config files)

So far for the calls of French number and UK number I can create two incoming rules, no problem. These lead to a voicemenu, either with French or English playback. Then I am able to set up a WaitExten to call an Extension or dial a ring group after this WaitExten times out.

But: How I can I now manage the call flow, once some has entered an extension but it is not available or busy. For each extension I can only define a voicemail and that's it. However, on the call flow above you can see, that at the moment we ask if the caller wants to leave a message on the voicemail OR it tries to connect again to the whole group of available extensions. (This will continue until the caller enters DTMF key "1", or the caller hung up, or one of the extension answers)

I am totally new to the topic, that's why I might think too complicated or something?

Maybe it's a wrong approach? Is FreePBX better for this "sophisticated" call flows? Is Switchvox better - does a reseller usually do the setup at the beginning for us once we buy the product, or is the GUI much easier/more flexible to handle?

Thanks,
Chriluc
chriluc
Newsterisk

Re: How to apply existing call flow?

Postby chriluc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:05 am

Well, as an "Asterisk greenhorn" it's hard to understand what you're talking about.

"ivrman callflow" etc. sounds all like you have to do something that you cannot do with the GUI. Basically I don't want to manually modify files like "file_name file" or databases like "Oracle directory server"(?), because (1.) it requires further/deeper knowledge and (2.) it might not correspond to the structure which is maintained by the GUI.

The best option would be, if there is only a GUI to manage every aspect of the soft exchange so that the new staff can easily be trained on how to maintain functionality of the phone system by using the GUI.
chriluc
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General