VLAN ISSUE fr DIGIUM Phone

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

VLAN ISSUE fr DIGIUM Phone

Postby rchugha » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi Guys,

I have installed Asterisk Now with FreePBX.

Everything is working fine ,but i want to setup Digium phone on separate VLAN
I got Cisco switch setup for 2 Vlan (Vlan 1 for Data and Vlan 5 for Voice)

If i plug my Digium phone it does not get Ip address from Vlan 5 (unless i go to phone>setting and change Vlan setting to vlan 5) . but if i put any pc on switch it does get vlan1 address which is fine (because packet request is untagged).

All the ports on switch are set to trunk. i was reading if switch is configured for LLDP than Digium phone should be able to pick voice vlan (vlan5) from the switch it self .

Any one can point me to right direction.
rchugha
Newsterisk

Re: VLAN ISSUE fr DIGIUM Phone

Postby malcolmd » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:09 am

Does the switch provide LLDP? Other devices set for LLDP work correctly with the switch?

Digium does not do technical support via these forums. The best thing to do when you're having trouble with a Digium product is to contact our Support department directly. They can be reached via www.digium.com/support
Malcolm Davenport
Digium, Inc. | Senior Product Manager
malcolmd
Moves Like Spencer

Re: VLAN ISSUE fr DIGIUM Phone

Postby rchugha » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:09 am

yes , switch provides LDDP information to other devices however D70 registers itself to right VLAN based on LLDP information send by switch,

i contact digium support and they are asking me to change the phone because they think it should ne issue with physical phone D40,D50 (even after upgrading firmware on them) but it does not make any sense to me that there is any issue with phones.

but lets see...

thanks for getting back
rchugha
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General