Dropping outbound calls

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Dropping outbound calls

Postby luumanio » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:25 am

Hi,

I'm newbie when it comes to Asterisk FreePBX solution therefore I'm here, looking for the advice.

I'm currently having some problems with dropping outbound calls and I'm not sure where to look for the solution and how to fix it. I will try to describe the problem in details as much as possible.

We use AsteriskNow with Sangoma A101 card and ISDN 30 line/10 channels.
Above configuration is sufficient enough for our office and we never make more than 5 concurrent connections, but still randomly outbound call is dropped even if only one person is on the line. Before connection drops I can hear in the speaker two signals and after this an announcement that all lines are busy, when practically this is not possible.

I checked all Asterisk logs and I can't find anything related to our issue apart form disk errors found in message log.
Mar 13 16:23:01 PBX01 smartd[3397]: Device: /dev/sda, 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
Mar 13 16:23:01 PBX01 smartd[3397]: Device: /dev/sda, 1 Offline uncorrectable sectors

I know it looks like my hard drive is about to die and I should replace it asap. My new PBX server is on its way but still before I deploy new system I would like to fix the old one.

Do you think my issues can be caused by the failing hard drive or I should look somewhere else?
Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Regards
Luu
luumanio
Newsterisk

Re: Dropping outbound calls

Postby david55 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Old age, a history of excessive shock, a history of high temperatures, manufacturing defects.

Hard drives generally don't fail as the result of user level software actions, and, in any case, unless you are doing doing extensive call recording, Asterisk will not put much stress on the disk.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Return to AsteriskNOW General