Using srtp with AsteriskNOW?

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Using srtp with AsteriskNOW?

Postby rhant » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi

I enabled srtp on both extensions and I am using clients that use srtp(CSipSimple). But I am getting an error.

"Matched device setup to use SRTP, but request was not"

I tried to find some info on this issue and some post suggested that AsteriskNow might need addition srtp resource. However I downloaded the iso and using the iso installation and I do not know how to not to mess up my ready setup during a recompilation and reinstallation of Asterisk on AsteriskNOW.

Is it safe to recompile asterisk and and install Asterisk on AsteriskNOW? Will I break Freepbx setups if I install Asterisk manually?

thanks
rhant
Newsterisk

Re: Using srtp with AsteriskNOW?

Postby malcolmd » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 pm

rhant wrote:Is it safe to recompile asterisk and and install Asterisk on AsteriskNOW? Will I break Freepbx setups if I install Asterisk manually?

thanks

That's what you'll need to do.

It shouldn't break anything; just watch out though for yum updates that pull from Digium repos that might update Asterisk.
Malcolm Davenport
Digium, Inc. | Senior Product Manager
malcolmd
Moves Like Spencer

Postby rhant » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:45 pm

@malcolmd

Thanks for the info. I recompiled and installed asterisk 11.7. Everything went fine. (I do not think that I upgraded Asterisk by mistake along the process). However the "extensions" and the "queues" menus are greyed out in FreePbx - Applications menu ;( I do not know what to do. My pbx is disabled at the moment. I probably revert back to an earlier version but I really need the srtp security.

How can I enable those options and get Freepbx working with the new install of Asterisk?

thanks
rhant
Newsterisk

Postby malcolmd » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:05 am

It's not something I've attempted myself, so I don't know what horror you've ended up in. :(
Malcolm Davenport
Digium, Inc. | Senior Product Manager
malcolmd
Moves Like Spencer

Postby karandana » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi There, just wondering if you achieved this? I am trying to get srtp working on asterisknow.
karandana
Newsterisk

Postby sami789 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:47 am

I tried to find some info on this issue and some post suggested that AsteriskNow might need addition srtp resource. However I downloaded the iso and using the iso installation and I do not know how to not to mess up my ready setup during a recompilation and reinstallation of Asterisk on AsteriskNOW.
sami789
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General