Sanity check pls: Convert 16pots-Asterisk with existing CRM

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Sanity check pls: Convert 16pots-Asterisk with existing CRM

Postby geebus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:30 pm

New here - I've worked with telephony stuff (mostly Cisco/Nortel) a while ago as a tester, but I'm currently here as an internal webdeveloper working on a CRM system. (And hope this is the appropriate section, seems to be the best fit.)

We've got 16 POTS lines and are looking to introduce a 'click to dial' functionality on the web based CRM.
It seems going to Asterisk is not only going to be the easiest solution, as well as offering an easy move to a full-VOIP based solution in the future, which would suit the current use better (locked into POTS contracts for a bit).

We're in the UK. I've currently got a asteriskNOW setup on a spare computer for testing.

Main Points I want to check I'm not too far off the mark on:
I'm currently thinking I'll use the webserver to create calls through the Asterisk Management interface - this way it can work with existing analogue phone lines.

All current POTS lines will be routed through the Asterisk box, with a few coming out to analogue extensions. Most positions will move to softphones.
All lines will have all calls recorded. (Currently half the lines are recorded through some other system).

Still need to do more research, but am erring towards OpenVox cards (err, hope I'm allowed to say that here :) ) - budget isn't amazing, unfortunately. Was going to start with 2xFXO/2xFXS for testing and on from there if all seems good.

We'll Vlan out all the stuff involved in IP telephony.

Anything I need to consider/I'm missing/etc?
geebus
Newsterisk

Re: Sanity check pls: Convert 16pots-Asterisk with existing CRM

Postby david55 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:58 am

Nothing obviously missing, but AsteriskNOW forums are for the installer and General Forums are for discussion. You appeared to want Asterisk Support.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Re: Sanity check pls: Convert 16pots-Asterisk with existing CRM

Postby geebus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:01 am

Cheers.

And what I get for posting late at night - I still have the window open where I wrote the initial post in Asterisk support, then thought it all looked a bit techy and remembered it was AsteriskNOW I had installed (though I didn't think any 'now' stuff would make much difference.)
geebus
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General