Info on IP Phone Display

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Info on IP Phone Display

Postby tom8421 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm new to AsteriskNow and IP Phones. Will I have exact control over what information is sent to the ip phone display on an incoming call. Specifically I need to display the Called Number, not the ANI.
If so - what are some programming tips to make this happen?

Thanks for the help in advance.
tom8421
Newsterisk

Re: Info on IP Phone Display

Postby david55 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Set the caller ID to be the same as the called number.

Use:

core show application Set

and

core show function CALLERID

for details of the applications and functions you need.

I'm assuming the called number is in ${EXTEN} at the start of the call.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Postby tom8421 » Fri May 15, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Again, I'm new to asterisk. What I'm taking from your answer is: Yes, the INBOUND Called Number can be presented in the SIP Phone display and it's a simple programming step to make that happen.

I want to make sure we're talking apples to apples here before I move ahead with starting the project.
I'll have several hundred DID numbers coming into the PBX with about 10 phones in a hunt group taking the calls. I'm only interested in which DID number that call was coming to - NOT the callers ANI.

A side question would be: What variables do the phones accept for programming to their displays?
tom8421
Newsterisk

Postby david55 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:48 pm

Normal phones don't accept variables.

Most SIP phones will display the user part of the SIP From: header, and possibly the human friendly part, and may allow that to be overridden by P-Asserted-Identity or Remote-Party-ID. Asterisk, will, by default send the caller-ID in the From header, and the sip.conf sendrpid can be used to put it in one of the other headers.

The CALLERID functions can be used in a write context (i.e. with the Set application) to set one or both parts.

A properly set up DID service will send the DID number as the initial extension, which can be accessed using ${EXTEN} in the initial context.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Return to AsteriskNOW General