Looking for someone to problem solve for us, details inside

Commercial and business-oriented Asterisk discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Looking for someone to problem solve for us, details inside

Postby alexsd » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:06 pm

My company is frustrated that we can't get our phones to work; we have had problem after problem, and I have troubleshot to the best of my ability and have been unable to discover the cause of all of them, ergo I have not been able to solve all of them.

We are currently running FreePBX 2.11 on top of Asterisk 11.10 on a CentOS 6.5 Amazon EC2 m1.medium instance; previous servers were m1.small and m1.medium running FreePBX 2.10/2.11 (respectively) on Asterisk 1.8 with Centos 5.6 and 6.3 (respectively).

When we moved from the m1.small to m1.medium, our San Diego office (where I am) began experiencing an intermittent issue where inbound calls placed on hold or tranferred lost outgoing audio (we could hear them, they couldn't hear us).

A couple weeks later, we moved back to the m1.small instance to give us time to figure things out. Well, a couple weeks later, we started getting no audio in either direction on 25-50% of inbound calls; the caller couldn't hear us, we couldn't hear them. The person who built the new m1.medium instance left the company, and then people turned to me who had no experience with any of this stuff. I built a NEW m1.medium instance which is now our current one, and we have no problems with hold/transfer but we do still have issues with calls not having audio or getting dropped after one ring *in the SD office*. All of the instances belong to the same EC2 security group and have iptables/selinux turned off.

Our NY and Philippines offices have no such issues and are working off the same PBX. I have checked all of the firewall settings on our router and the first rule for in/out traffic is to allow the VoIP phones over our secondary data connection (to prevent the computers using the primary data connection from causing bandwidth congestion on our phones.

That right there is the primary issue. The other issue that I have is that on our previous PBX, the recording "Comedian Mail...mailbox" didn't play and it went straight to "You have # messages". Now, the "Comedian Mail...mailbox" recording plays followed by a pause of ~7-10 seconds. We would like to remove this and ONLY play the prompt for either a password if one exists, or the number of messages.

My bosses want me to find us somebody "knowledgeable and cheap" to review our server and let us know what they think is going on and what can be done to fix it. If anybody has a DIY suggestion like "change howdidyouoverlookthis.conf to include fixyourproblems=1" I can do that =)
alexsd
Newsterisk

Re: Looking for someone to problem solve for us, details inside

Postby jimgreen8c » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:21 pm

All of these are classic RTP transport issues. Check and make sure you aren't addressing RTP outside the scope of those ported in your router.
jimgreen8c
Newsterisk

Postby sparktechs » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:27 am

Hello Alexsd ,

We would like to discuss about this in detail with you.
Please mail me on subhish@sparksupport.com or skype me at spark.subhish for more info.

Subhish N
SparkSupport
http://www.sparksupport.com

sparktechs
Newsterisk

Postby globalvoice » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:49 am

Hello Jim,

We are group of experts who are working on IP-PBX PBX related tools and technology.
You can contact us at glbvoice.info@gmail.com

Best Regards
Team IGV
globalvoice
Newsterisk

Postby alexsd » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:15 am

Please, US/Canada respondents only.
alexsd
Newsterisk

Postby alexsd » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:25 pm

Dave (asteriadave on the forums here) at Asteria Solutions (asteriasgi.com) got us situated with the support we needed. They did a great job taking care of our immediate needs, and were able to help with some additional configuration we wanted. Satisfied through and through with their work!
alexsd
Newsterisk

Return to Asterisk Biz & Jobs