[solved]Roughly how much should this simple message service

Commercial and business-oriented Asterisk discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

[solved]Roughly how much should this simple message service

Postby lardconcepts » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 am

**SOLVED** - the answer is 2 weeks of evenings, a lot of hair lot, but a feeling of achievement!

My needs are incredibly simple:

Caller dials in. Selects from 2 options:

1: Listen to tracks.
2: Listen to contact info and leave feedback in a voicemail.

And under menu 1:
Between 1 and 9 tracks, plus zero to go back to selection.
Tracks play one after another.
There is transport control on the tracks (pause, skip etc).

So easy, that I had Asterisk installed, running and doing just that on Ubuntu in under an hour just playing with the hard coded conf files and one incoming SIP number.

Let's say I now want to add more lines, easily. Add a number, directory and structure to hold the tracks. And add two more features - simple PIN access to the tracks on some numbers (should be optional), and if the incoming caller hangs up halfway through a track, then recognise the CLI if they redial within 24 hours and ask if they want to continue from that point.

There is to be NO other PBX functionality.

Probably less than an hour for someone who knows what they are doing, but this will be used by charities, so before I know where I'm going with this, can someone give me a rough guide price for what this kind of thing should come in at? I'll be providing the server, you just need to show me the config files basically, and I can do the rest!
Last edited by lardconcepts on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
lardconcepts
Newsterisk

Re: Roughly how much should this simple message service cost me?

Postby lardconcepts » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Anyone?
lardconcepts
Newsterisk

Postby navaismo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:42 am

Once upon a time an engineer was called to fix a 12millions dollars Complex and big computer.

Sitting in front the monitor and after few key pressed, the engineer nodded and shut down the computer. Then he takes his screwdriver and he made a little turn to a tinny screw. Then he power up again the computer and it was fixed.

The owner of the computer seems glad and happy and asked: "How much do I owe you?"
The engineer answer: $1000dollars please.

The owner surprised and a little mad asked: Why 1000usd?! just for a little twist that I can did too. I know that my computer cost 12millions but that price is absurd! I will only pay if you send me the invoice with a detailed breakdown.

The engineer nodded.

At the next day the owner received the Invoice, he read it and proceed to pay the $1000usd.

The breakdown says:

1.- Turn a screw...........................$1USD
2.- Know which screw to turn...........$999USD

It's not about what you do, it's about what you know, you charge for your knowledge.

Said that, you can get done your job for almost $30USD or less using sites like freelancer.
navaismo
Salt of the Asterisk

Postby mbmannubisht » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:00 am

Hi All,

I am interested on your work.
Please share your details on my email id mbmannubisht@gmail.com
and my skype id is mbmannubisht
mbmannubisht
Oldsterisk

Return to Asterisk Biz & Jobs