Hi all,

Community-based Support for users of Free Fax For Asterisk

Hi all,

Postby rebel77 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:41 am

I have a scenario that asterisk-gw is a pstn gateway.
Calls are originated from another asterisk-sbc witch he behave like SBC. He collect calls from other voip providers and he is terminating them to asterisk-gw.

voipProviders --> (SIP -g729)asterisk-SBC --> (SIP - g729)asterisk-gw (E1)--> TDM network

With calls all testing is OK. When trying to send fax there is a problem. I don't really understand how Fax for Asterisk works.

I only want faxes that are coming from internet to be terminated to pstn network. I have on asterisk-gw in 1.4.24 and i have installed Fax for asterisk with g711. When a fax is arriving then i should have from asterisk-gw a REIVITE for change of codec from g729 to g711 since is passing FAX. This is not happening. My digium PRI E1 TE122 is detecting a FAx but does not know how to handle it since in my dialplan i haven't create any fax extension.

The question is this :

Can I pass FAX from internet to pstn with the new Fax for Asterisk??

I want to try asterisk 1.6 and get some license for t38 fax channels but i need to know if this scenario is possible.

Thank you in advance for any help

Alex
rebel77
Newsterisk

Postby malcolmd » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:23 am

Howdy,

Is your SIP provider not going to only send the call to you in G.711 if it's a fax call that they're receiving?
malcolmd
Moves Like Spencer

Postby rebel77 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:57 am

The first negotiation is always done with voice codec and if the other end is a fax , then the second part reinvite with a fax codec. g711 OR t38
rebel77
Newsterisk

Return to Fax For Asterisk