Fax Management (Recieved file routing)

Community-based Support for users of Free Fax For Asterisk

Fax Management (Recieved file routing)

Postby stevejfrank » Tue May 04, 2010 10:15 pm

I have successfully setup basic Free Fax for Asterisk and have testing both receive and send with acceptable success rates.

I am stumped after this point.

I followed the example provided in the administrator's guide for saving received faxes and I can save to different locations, but I'd like to work some sort of notification email via sendmail to an email address with the tiff as an attachment. Has anyone taken the next step and integrated these features? Care to share?

Also, short of a CLI command to send a fax have any of you guys worked up other options?

Finally, I am working on an asterisk box for a client and they have requested that we route their 29 fax lines via the asterisk box. I opened up my big mouth and told them that asterisk could handle faxes, but I am not confident that G711 over a bonded T1 will support that many simultaneous faxes reliably. What is the maximum number of Fax for Asterisks licenses have you installed on one box?

Regards,
Steve
stevejfrank
Newsterisk

Re: Fax Management (Recieved file routing)

Postby stevejfrank » Wed May 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Ok so I answered one of my questions by using fax-process.pl.

For anyone interested in emailing a fax once received use this format...

exten => h,1,system(/var/lib/asterisk/bin/fax-process.pl --to ${EMAILADDR} --from ${FAX_RX_FROM} --subject "Fax from ${URIENCODE(${CALLERID(number)})} ${URIENCODE(${CALLERID(name)})}" --attachment fax_${URIENCODE(${CALLERID(number)})}.pdf --type application/pdf --file ${FAXFILE});

Works like a charm!

Anyone have thoughts on sending faxes?

I found this on Nerd Vittles and believe it can work with some modification.

http://bestof.nerdvittles.com/applications/fax/
stevejfrank
Newsterisk

Return to Fax For Asterisk