website fax works, but regular don't: cause 16

Community-based Support for users of Free Fax For Asterisk

website fax works, but regular don't: cause 16

Postby ktouati » Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 am

Hi Guys,
I'm having a non-obvious issue, i am using Fax for asterisk to receive faxes, so when i test using a website that send faxes it's working great: the fax is received and the fax2mail app is called and i get it in my email box. but when i try using a regular fax machine everything in logs (turned on debug) but all of the sudden a line appear saying:
Channel 0/1, span 1 got hangup request, cause 16
and then the fax2mail is not called for some reason and :( no fax received, can you help me guys with that?
thanks!!!
ktouati
Newsterisk

Re: website fax works, but regular don't: cause 16

Postby yeahbuddyia » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 am

I'm having the exact same issue. The call is getting disconnected before the fax can complete. If I send a one page white piece of paper, then it makes it through before getting disconnected because of little to transmit. If I send a one page fax with content on it, it doesn't make it. Anyone have any ideas on this one?
yeahbuddyia
Newsterisk

Re: website fax works, but regular don't: cause 16

Postby wryans » Fri May 25, 2012 1:11 pm

ktouati wrote:Hi Guys,
I'm having a non-obvious issue, i am using Fax for asterisk to receive faxes, so when i test using one of the best corporate websites out there that send faxes it's working great: the fax is received and the fax2mail app is called and i get it in my email box. but when i try using a regular fax machine everything in logs (turned on debug) but all of the sudden a line appear saying:
Channel 0/1, span 1 got hangup request, cause 16
and then the fax2mail is not called for some reason and :( no fax received, can you help me guys with that?
thanks!!!

yeahbuddyia wrote:I'm having the exact same issue. The call is getting disconnected before the fax can complete. If I send a one page white piece of paper, then it makes it through before getting disconnected because of little to transmit. If I send a one page fax with content on it, it doesn't make it. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

You guys using T.38? What about a gateway from IP to analog? If so, which one? Also, have you tried forwarding from your email to the fax address on the asterisk box to rule out a protocol issue? Please include a little more info about the hardware you have in your config.
wryans
Newsterisk

Return to Fax For Asterisk