Fax for Asterisk with asterisk 1.8 (Updated)

Community-based Support for users of Free Fax For Asterisk

Fax for Asterisk with asterisk 1.8 (Updated)

Postby shawn_palmer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:51 pm

System info Ubuntu 10.4 LTS, 32GB Ram, 4TB HD lvm, New install of Asterisk 1.8.1.1,

we just rolled our test server over to asterisk 1.8.1.1, Previous/Production asterisk install 1.6.2.15. we have been using 2 channels of asterisk fax after doing the updates now unable to load the res_fax_digium.so module

[Jan 7 15:02:55] WARNING[6507]: loader.c:449 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'res_fax_digium.so': /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_fax_digium.so: undefined symbol: ast_fax_tech_register
[Jan 7 15:02:55] WARNING[6507]: loader.c:839 load_resource: Module 'res_fax_digium.so' could not be loaded

we have tested with both the generic as well as the CPU optimized version any insight on why the new version would not be working or ideas on a work around right as the updates are scheduled to go live next we I would rather not place the update on hold or setup a vm just for the fax :(
shawn_palmer
Newsterisk

Re: Fax for Asterisk with asterisk 1.8 (Updated)

Postby shawn_palmer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 pm

So after many hours of ready and testing different config, I found the issue.

to get the FFA 1.8 working you need the res_fax_digium.so from digiums website and to add res_fax.so ( Not app_fax.so) from the asterisk modules at build time

and to have followed all of the normal install guides for registering and building FFA.

how ever their is a new issue that has popped up the redirection to the fax dail rules are broken and the fix is still ongoing (Asterisk bug 0018299).

you need to disable fax detect (or you a non digium fax detector) and point the line directly to the fax_rx, while this is not an idea solution it does work for you.

if anyone has a fix for the redirect please let me know.
shawn_palmer
Newsterisk

Re: Fax for Asterisk with asterisk 1.8 (Updated)

Postby stevebrandli » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:55 pm

how ever their is a new issue that has popped up the redirection to the fax dail rules are broken and the fix is still ongoing (Asterisk bug 0018299).

This appears to be fixed in 1.8.2, just released.

However, now I am having a new problem receiving faxes. See my other post.
stevebrandli
Newsterisk

Return to Fax For Asterisk