User does not login !!!

A forum for Skype For Asterisk users to ask questions and get advice from other users

Moderators: twilson, pete engler

User does not login !!!

Postby marcelocbf » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded the beta and configured as suggested through the sample configuration. but if I issue the command skype show user xxxx. The user shows logged out and if I issue skype login user xxxx. it does not login either. Am I missing something ?

I'm using Asterisk 1.6.1
Chan Skype beta
appserveChannel Driver: 1.6.1_0.9.11
appserveLibrary: 1.6.1_0.9.11

My chan_skype.conf
[general]
engine_directory=/tmp
default_user=xxxxx
bind_address=MY.IP.ADDRESS
bind_port=9082
disable_tcpauto=yes

[base_user](!)
context=incoming
exten=s
buddy_presence=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g729

[xxxxx](base_user)
secret=yyyyy
direction=both
auth_policy=accept
buddy_autoadd=true

I'm using tcpauto disabled because I was affraid that some firewall rules I have up for port < 1024 would affect the connection but I tried before without disabling it.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,
marcelocbf
Newsterisk

Postby Docteh » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:16 am

Image xxxxxxxx

Did you create the skype account used inside the BCP on skype.com? For unspecified reasons skype is currently being very specific about that.
Docteh
Newsterisk

yes

Postby marcelocbf » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:31 am

Yes, I did.

I created the account and added it to the BCP as administrator. I logged in on Skype, I logged in on the BCP. I logged in on the Skype web page. I checked the credentials, but nothing ...

I tried to set debug option to yes, but the debug just output a lot of messages like ... Wrote message "a 164 ...." etc.

Is there any other way to debug this ?
marcelocbf
Newsterisk

Postby performer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:25 pm

You should create a new account UNDER BCP, don't add an existing.
performer
Newsterisk

Postby Docteh » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:38 pm

Yea, when I'm in the BCP I have two accounts listed, and the AsteriskBoxSkypeAccount is the only one that can use the service, the little man-icon is the hint.

Image AsteriskBoxSkypeAccount
MySkypeAccount
Docteh
Newsterisk

Crash

Postby marcelocbf » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Thanks DocTeh, that worked !!!

But I was not able to use it anyway ... because as soon I receive a call the server crashes ... I tried to disable the g729 but still crashes. I just hear my first voice menu on the IVR and crashes. I will try to report that to betareports ...

Asterisk Version: 1.6.1

Thanks anyway,
marcelocbf
Newsterisk

Postby Docteh » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:02 am

If its the 1.6.1.1 tarball release, you could wait for 1.6.1.2 or do the svn checkout that twilson has been suggesting

twilson wrote:I am assuming you are using one of the 1.6.1 releases. Asterisk 1.6.1 versions < 1.6.1.2 (which hasn't been released yet) have a bug that SFA exposes. If you download 1.6.1 from subversion, this bug is fixed. svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.1
Docteh
Newsterisk

Postby mylesw » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:30 am

Docteh wrote:Yea, when I'm in the BCP I have two accounts listed, and the AsteriskBoxSkypeAccount is the only one that can use the service, the little man-icon is the hint.

Image AsteriskBoxSkypeAccount
MySkypeAccount

I'm having similar issues. I have the Beta installed and licensed ok. After doing some security permission changes on directories, etc. I have it starting up just fine. I created a new user account through BCP, and have referenced that account in chan_skype.conf

I attempt a login with this user account via CLI and get no errors. When I check the users with skype show users it shows the user account, but statis is "Logged Out"

I have tried to find the specific page on the Skype BCP where it should show some form of security permission to the user account so that I can allow it to work with Skype for Asterisk, but I can't find anything there at all. Other than creating a new user account through BCP for use with Skype for Asterisk, what other step has to be done to authorize this user to be able to be logged in with Skype for Asterisk? I can't see anything in BCP for this. Is there something that has to be done with a Skype client in the Options that I'm missing?

Myles
mylesw
Newsterisk

Postby mylesw » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:42 pm

Solved it. The problem is that user accounts created using the Email invitation mode from Skype BCP don't get correctly associated with the Business account. When I was able to manually create the account through BCP, it did correctly get associated with the business account (thus inheriting the icon to the side of the name in the list of users) and now works great.

I'm receiving calls through Asterisk that were originate on the Skype network. Man, this is incredible!

Myles
mylesw
Newsterisk

Return to Skype For Asterisk