Trunk Dial Patterns with the + sign

A forum for Skype For Asterisk users to ask questions and get advice from other users

Moderators: twilson, pete engler

Trunk Dial Patterns with the + sign

Postby hartparr » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:33 am

Right now I am having to dial 9+15555555555 to get a call to go out through skype.

I want asterisk to add the +1 automatically, but the + sign is already used as an asterisk identifier in the trunk dial rules as far as I can tell.

Basically, I would like to find out how to configure Asterisk so that when I dial 95555555555 the call goes out through skype without having to add the +1 for country code.
hartparr
Newsterisk

Postby DaveLevenson » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:02 pm

In extensions.conf:

exten = _9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(sip/1${EXTEN:1}@${your-skype-trunk})

The pattern will match 9+(10 digits). The Dial() command will dial 1 followed by the dialed number, omitting the first digit (9).

In my own dialplan, I have no extensions beginning with 1. For outgoing calls, I always dial 1 and use it instead of the traditional 9 to indicate an outgoing call. I also allow 9+ for compatibility with users who think it's a traditional PBX:

exten = _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(sip/${EXTEN}@${my-termination-trunk})
exten = _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(sip/${EXTEN:1}@${my-termination-trunk})
DaveLevenson
Oldsterisk

Postby hartparr » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:00 am

Thanks for the response Dave. I thought the + sign was required by skype to make a skypeout call. Every time I would try without a + sign in the actual number, it wouldn't skypeout.

Anyway, I took care of it by having "skype/+/$OUTNUM$" in my trunk custom dial string and it worked like a champ.

But the this screws with being able to call skype buddies. So I created another skype trunk without the + sign and created an outbound route to use that trunk when preceded by "00".

I'm sure this is a hackish way to do it, but it works for me.

Any better suggestions?
hartparr
Newsterisk

Return to Skype For Asterisk