What does the skype client dial to get to the PBX

A forum for Skype For Asterisk users to ask questions and get advice from other users

Moderators: twilson, pete engler

What does the skype client dial to get to the PBX

Postby duncant123 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:17 am

Can I just check the flow
A skype client issued through the BCM receives calls from asterisk - these are defined as outgoing calls as everything is relative to the asterisk box
This works well so far and is very useful.

But what should the skype client dial to get back to the PBX, or is it that they should call a buddy who is the PBX default user?

What are the requirements to call the PBX? Is a license or credit required or should it just work? Which given the ease of the outbound seems it should.

But I just want to know the right thing to do to initiate the call from the skype client. I haven't been able to trigger any responses at the asterisk end with all the debug turned on so I am wondering if I am actually calling it.

Thanks very much

Cheers Duncan
duncant123
Newsterisk

Postby duncant123 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:48 am

So I figured out I can call the PBX as a buddy and I can have that dial a specific extension or hit an IVR which is great.

But I am still having a challenge issuing dtmf to the IVR or really understanding whether there is any other way of calling out or choosing options once I hit asterisk.

Any pointers on how the client can be used to select options would be handy. Should I be able to dial once I have connected to the PBX, or can I use the dialout function on skype to hit the pbx?

Any suggested ways of using the client would be great

Also I notice gsm announcements played to skype sound pretty bad, I am guessing I am not transcoding properly but if I change to u or alaw its great. I don't have any G729 licenses yet

Cheers Duncan
duncant123
Newsterisk

Postby duncant123 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:05 am

Should have read a bit more
http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=70551

So seems pretty cool, has anyone got any neat functions or uses. For us the remote client is pretty handy as skype is much more accessible on remote sites and through firewalls than most SIP clients.

I am testing an IVR with direct dial options, a DISA to dial out, and conference options. Seems good.

I will be very interested in pricing

Cheers Duncan
duncant123
Newsterisk

Return to Skype For Asterisk