Channel driver crashing after one call

A forum for Skype For Asterisk users to ask questions and get advice from other users

Moderators: twilson, pete engler

Channel driver crashing after one call

Postby teidel » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:01 pm

I am using:
Asterisk 1.6 with FreePBX and CentOS with skype for asterisk

I configured a single extension with a SIP phone. All seems to work well - the phone rings from incoming calls on both skype and my skype phone number. A single outgoing call seem to work nice - I called my own cell phone and that worked too.
BUT
After a single call from the SIP phone the next call hangs. Moreover, the channel drivers seems to crash, the process does not die, and each call spawns more processes. Next the FreePBX crashes when I try to get the system stat. From this point, the the only way I found to make another call is to reboot.
Any ideas?
teidel
Newsterisk

Re: Channel driver crashing after one call

Postby lcvleo » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:08 pm

teidel wrote:I am using:
Asterisk 1.6 with FreePBX and CentOS with skype for asterisk

I configured a single extension with a SIP phone. All seems to work well - the phone rings from incoming calls on both skype and my skype phone number. A single outgoing call seem to work nice - I called my own cell phone and that worked too.
BUT
After a single call from the SIP phone the next call hangs. Moreover, the channel drivers seems to crash, the process does not die, and each call spawns more processes. Next the FreePBX crashes when I try to get the system stat. From this point, the the only way I found to make another call is to reboot.
Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem and have the same scenario.
lcvleo
Oldsterisk

Reinstalled CentOS And solved

Postby teidel » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:36 pm

It works for me now. Also I added some skype credit to my account.
teidel
Newsterisk

Actually, it doesn't work

Postby teidel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 am

I am now having the problem again. Not sure what it is, but sometimes after a single skype out call, it simply does not work for any further calls. I guess its just a buggy channel driver. :/
lcvleo, what hardware are you using?
teidel
Newsterisk

Postby twilson » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:08 am

There is no such thing as Asterisk 1.6 :-) The version should be 1.6.0.x or 1.6.1.x (if it is a release--if you are building from svn then just 1.6.0 or 1.6.1). What version of Asterisk are you running and what version of SFA? 32 or 64-bit?

I have fixed a couple of crashes in 1.0.2, but there is still an issue that I'm waiting on Skype to solve regarding their binary intermittently not starting up cleanly. If you turn on debug logging and see some debug statements like:
Aug 28 21:33:24] DEBUG[7845]: core.cpp:433 skyhost_watcher: got BSignature: __BSignature__11502
[Aug 28 21:33:24] DEBUG[7845]: core.cpp:433 skyhost_watcher: got -- Dump live thread --
[Aug 28 21:33:24] DEBUG[7845]: core.cpp:433 skyhost_watcher: got PID: 7847
[Aug 28 21:33:24] DEBUG[7845]: core.cpp:433 skyhost_watcher: got Name: Main
[Aug 28 21:33:24] DEBUG[7845]: core.cpp:433 skyhost_watcher: got Reason: PID 7853 got signal 11; SIGSEGV
[Aug 28 21:33:24] DEBUG[7845]: core.cpp:433 skyhost_watcher: got Stack [bfd57030 .. bfdd7030], starting from SP bfdd5e24:

then it didn't start up correctly and chances are that when you shutdown Asterisk or unload chan_skype.so from the CLI, that a skypeforasterisk process will get hung as well. To work around this, currently the only thing I've found is to repeatedly unload and load chan_skype.so, killing the hanging skypeforasterisk process after the unload until things start up correctly. From the CLI, this would look like:

module unload chan_skype.so
!ps aux|grep skypeforasterisk
!kill -9 <pid>
module load chan_skype.so

until things worked. I'm aware that this sucks and am trying desperately to get a fix from Skype.
twilson
Oldsterisk

Channel driver crashing

Postby teidel » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:21 pm

I used both 1.6.0.13 and now I use 1.6.1.x
I spent quite some time with digium tech support we replicated the driver crash on both versions multiple times, and we were able to collect the verbose log files and send to digium. I'm assuming you will get them as they said there is only 1 engineer working on this product.

The driver seems to starts up fine - it will make and receive calls. With my current version it takes more outgoing calls, like 4 or 5, for it to crash. This is on outgoing calls only, I can receive calls just fine which is very, very cool :).

I can't wait for you guys to fix this - I love the concept!
teidel
Newsterisk

Return to Skype For Asterisk