SFA loose registration

A forum for Skype For Asterisk users to ask questions and get advice from other users

Moderators: twilson, pete engler

SFA loose registration

Postby Federico » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:29 am

Hi,
I am using Asterisk 1.4.26.2 on a Ubuntu 8.04 Server 64bit with SFA 1.4_1.0.5 and 5 licences.

The system seems to work fine, my accounts register themselves on Skype and I am able to make and receive calls with skype clients.

My problem is that, after some hours, SFA loses registration: clients no longer see the presence of my accounts and I can't make or receive calls.
SFA says that accounts are still logged in (cmd skype show users), and, if I try to force logout, it says:

[Oct 8 08:32:13] NOTICE[25065]: core.cpp:530 transport_log: SKYPE ERROR - SESocketTransport::push(), not connected

If a try to make calls it says:

[Oct 8 08:21:03] NOTICE[25276]: core.cpp:530 transport_log: SKYPE ERROR - SESocketTransport::pull(), not connected
[Oct 8 08:21:03] WARNING[25276]: chan_skype.c:914 request: Unable to create Skype call

I can re-establish the correct behaviour only unloading chan_skype.so and res_skypeforasterisk.so modules more times or restarting asterisk.

Any suggestion?

Best regards.

Federico
Federico
Newsterisk

Re: SFA loose registration

Postby oaktree » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi Federico,

I have the same problem, the channel works but after a while it starts to give the error:

[Oct 30 16:47:46] WARNING[3771]: chan_skype.c:914 request: Unable to create Skype call
[Oct 30 16:47:46] WARNING[3771]: app_dial.c:1284 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'Skype' (cause 0 - Unknown)

Any clues ?

Best,

André.
oaktree
Newsterisk

Re: SFA loose registration

Postby Federico » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:19 pm

I opened a ticket at Digium.
I had only 5 SFA licences on a production server, so I can't make tests that can lead to system instabilities, but I will soon buy some other licences for a backup server, in order to make tests and help digium guys with my log files.

On my system I noticed the problem is, in some way, related to the way SFA is started: if I start it manually from CLI with module load, when I quit CLI SFA stop working but, if I let modules are automatically load at Asterisk start, SFA can work for almost a week without problems (then my Asterisk crashed; I'm not sure it was due to SFA, but I disabled it).

Federico
Federico
Newsterisk

Return to Skype For Asterisk