Skype Account Property

A forum for Skype For Asterisk users to ask questions and get advice from other users

Moderators: twilson, pete engler

Skype Account Property

Postby TimmiOrg » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi,

is there somebody out there which can tell me how to set the Skype Account Property in the chan_skype.conf?

thx
Timmi
TimmiOrg
Newsterisk

Re: Skype Account Property

Postby ccasalicchio » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:37 am

I was recently looking for an answer for this as well. What I've done was log into skype (via windows, but it can be done with any skype client) using the skype for asterisk account and changed all the profile information that way.
-CCasalicchio
ccasalicchio
Newsterisk

Postby ccasalicchio » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:00 pm

I soon learned that setting the account properties in a skype client was not efficient because whenever asterisk would restart and the user would login again the properties got wiped off. :shock:
After reading the new version of the admin manual noticed that they've added the following notes:
Note: The value of SKYPE_ACCOUNT_PROPERTY function options that are RW
(Read/Write) can also be defined using the setvar parameter in the chan_skype.conf
file.

I've also noticed there's a newer version available http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/skypeforasterisk/asterisk-1.4/x86-32/ (32-bit)

So I've added the following configurations to the chan_skype.config (soon after the skype account):
Code: Select all
; default value = none

;mohsuggest=default

; ******************
; ACCOUNT PROPERTIES
; ******************
setvar = SKYPE_ACCOUNT_PROPERTY(<account>,fullname)="MY full name"

After restarting asterisk (asterisk -rx "restart now") skype loaded just fine which tells me I didn't mess up, but the account properties still didn't take effect.

I've opened a support case with Digium asking for some guidance, as I couldn't find anything on any search engines. I hope they send me a suitable response. I'll post it here once I get it.
-CCasalicchio
ccasalicchio
Newsterisk

Postby ccasalicchio » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 pm

THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED FROM DIGIUM: (some of the text has been omitted or changed for privacy)
Hello Carlos,

Part of the problem is that SKYPE_ACCOUNT_PROPERTY() is a dialplan function and not a variable, so it has no use inside of chan_skype.conf (it would be used in extensions.conf instead). You would need to just refer to the variable name under the specific user in chan_skype.conf.

The other reason this is not working is because the 'setvar' parameter is actually no longer used for this. The Skype For Asterisk manual is going to be updated to reflect this in the future.

So instead of this:

[skype-account]
setvar=fullname=<person's name>
setvar=city=<city name>

you would put this:

[skype-account]
fullname=<person's name>
city=<city name>

Then when that user is logged in, it should send the new information out to the Skype network. Just bear in mind that there's often some lag before account properties get updated, due to it all being P2P based.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems getting this to work. Thanks.

Regards,

Tyler S

I've changed the chan_skype.config as instructed and now the account properties show. :D
NOTE: configuration does not accept accented words (á,ó,í, so forth)
-CCasalicchio
ccasalicchio
Newsterisk

Postby TimmiOrg » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi,

thank you very much for this post!!

best regards
Timmi
TimmiOrg
Newsterisk

Return to Skype For Asterisk