SmartBLF and Functions

Community based support for the Digium Phone Application Programming Interface (API).

Moderators: jwitt, sruffell, malcolmd, Moderator

SmartBLF and Functions

Postby jlynn10001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:23 am

I've read through all the documentation on the configuration of the Digium phones, specifically the D50. I'm using the DPMA module from Digium, and generating my own res_digium_config files on the server.

Everything seems to work fine, but I had a question. I'm trying to use some of the buttons for dedicated functions, like paging, etc. I have no problem creating a button that dials the page group on the server, and it works, but how do I keep that function from showing up in the list of contacts? The only way I've found to put a "function" on one of the buttons is to first add it to the list of contacts, and define actions, etc for it, but I don't need/want it to show up in the contacts directory.

Thanks,
Jonathan
jlynn10001
Newsterisk

Re: SmartBLF and Functions

Postby malcolmd » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Howdy,

You can't. We don't have functionality that allows you to assign a key to perform a dial action, maintain presence, and not list itself in the phone's contacts. You could create a custom app that performed the function of doing a simple dial, but that app wouldn't have control over the LED state of the key while it was in the background.

Cheers
Malcolm Davenport
Digium, Inc. | Senior Product Manager
malcolmd
Moves Like Spencer

Postby jlynn10001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Malcolm,
Thanks for taking the time to answer. In this case, I don't need to control the LED state, as I'm just looking to use the button more as a speed dial. I'll look into doing it as an app, and see if that accomplishes what I am looking for.

Thanks,
Jonathan
jlynn10001
Newsterisk

Postby malcolmd » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Howdy,

Cool. See the "Load an App without defining a Contact" tip here:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ ... pplication

Your app then would call digium.phone.dial:
http://phones.digium.com/phone-api/refe ... igiumphone

to initiate the call.